Photobucket vs. Flickr
Tyson Rayles Wrote:Reinhard I was refering to posting pics in a thread. I don't use the photo gallery so don't know what the deal is there.
I see.
1. I use the iMac as the main repository. All photos from camera, iPhone, iPad etc. all go to the repository (managed by the app photos). That is the center that gets regularly backup etc.
2. The next thing is a shadow of photos to be published hosted somewhere in the internet. That was PB in the past and became Flickr last weekend.
3. The final stage is to add a reference in fora like BigBlue to the shadow like PB or Flickr.

That three step model requires two manual steps to get a photo shown in a forum.

1 - 2: I select photos to be uploaded to Flickr, define the size and seconds later are they stored in the correct Flickr album
2 - 3: I select a photo in Flickr, copy the reference (BB) and past it into the posting.

I do not like to upload all photos to the internet. The iMac under my very control is my central repository.
My internet home page <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.rub-peters.de">www.rub-peters.de</a><!-- w --> is directed to the index page of my Flickr account (was Photobucket).
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread