Freelance 2016-2
Hi Mal, I saw your postings in RMweb and had a smile in my face due to the coincident.
I installed about 20 Loksound decoders some years ago when Loksound 3.5 (100 Ohm speakers!) was the current one. I was on Windows at that time and programming was fine for me. Since I moved to iMac is only a small and extreme slow Netbook left under Windows 7. It is no fun to use it at all. I discovered by accident the Tsunami in Bachmann engines. They are easy to program and I got used to them. I have one for the U18B on order (from UK).
I may try an old Loksound 3.5 and do the frustrating programming with the old Netbook in case the Tsunami fails due to size problems

How did you weather your engine? I am unsure what to do. Black wash to get the dark gray even darker or a light wash to get some bleaching? The prototype is mostly quite clean. No heavy weathering needed but spotless plastic is to good to be good. May be black wash and light gray dry brush is a nice compromise.

ps. I looked at the Loksound web page today and discovered their programmer is still designed for the serial interface (with an USB adapter). It is unbelievable they did not do a new state of the art interface.
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread