ISL 2016 - Thinking out loud
Well hello fellow modelers.

As some might know its been a few years since I packed up my layout http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=4271 and sold everything!

Well life isn't much less busy and my business isn't doing as well as it should but I have confidence that it has turned and will continue to get better the more I work on it and work hard at all new things.

I've been trawling around the threads and getting rather keen again....at least to the point where I have identified a possible new location for a layout in the house or more specifically in my outside office. At this stage its just dreams and if I do decide to do anything it will be a few months before I commit and then I will start with something simple and small.

I love the ISL, Lance M and closer to this forum Faraway and Alcanman1s work, pity a lot of his content got lost!!

So far I 2 options drawn up and thought I would share. I haven't decided on exact industries yet but I like covered hoppers, one tank car at least and box cars....maybe the odd centre beam so a plastics, fertilizer or food processor are possibilities with a definite box car presents on the layout...have to run a railbox cars!!

I have a 4m or 13ft option which takes up the full wall but it has a door open right into it so I would have a lift out to cover that:

But actually I prefer this version on a much smaller footprint (2,5m or 8ft or so) that doesn't mess with the door opening at all:

You might recognize this configuration and ten points if you do!!

Any way...let the comments come...

Callum

Messages In This Thread