ISL 2016 - Thinking out loud

IND 1 (Riceland)
• Back spur – Box Cars – 2 spots plus space to store cars
• Middle spur – Hoppers – One spot with offloading grids with something like “end of spur” equipped setup but just one track but with space for more hoppers awaiting offloading.
• Front spur – Tank Cars – Oils loading, one spot for loading and one more for spare.
I could even have switching sessions where I only move cars around at Riceland, even have a much smaller loco specifically for these jobs like the one seen on google that you pointed out. My GP40 or GP60 can bring cars full onto the layout and remove the out bounds than another session would be moving internal stuff within Riceland….sound feasible?

IND 2 (Cotton or other type of “food processor”)
• Spot 2 – Tank car of oils – This could work well as they could take a full tank car from Riceland (nit if a cotton ind) when switching which is one less car to bring onto the layout and will add awesome switching.
• Spot 1 – Box cars/Reefer – Could also even take a car from Riceland but not needed.

IND 3 (Transload or Furnature)
• Spot 1 – Bulkheads with timber for forklift removal
• Spot 2 – Box cars for materials in or finished product out.
I need to look at the SSW clients and see if I can hind a customer that fits the profile…

Messages In This Thread