Sweet sound
An other very easy use is a cluster of four under the long hood of an Athearn Genesis GP38-2. It is all mounted with sticky tape only. That a very quick "and very dirty" way to get nice sound Wink The magnetic attraction of the cubes to each other is easy to handle with sticky tape. They like it to jump out of the glue and cuddle.

[Image: 27433538635_f5d2ae15f3_c.jpg]IMG_4900 by faraway52, on Flickr

No this is not cost effective. I think one large sugar cube would be fine too. But it is good to know that four babies are a good choice too in very limited space.

ps. I got my Loksound Version 4.0 decoders. The result is devastating. Loksound did not learn how to run a motor at slow speed without an unacceptable humming sound. I removed 10! Loksound 3.5 some time ago because they are unacceptable at slow speed. I am afraid the same is true for Loksound 4.0. The humming sound predominates the engine sound during switching Curse Curse Curse
The Loksound handles motors close to perfection with an acceptable silent humming sound. e.g. the Intermountain U18B hums too but very silent. Some fine Atlas engines are fine too.

The old and legacy Tsunami is the far better choice in most engines for me. Better simple washy old-fashioned sound than a loud humming noise!
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread