Atlas Snap Track Timesaver ISL Variations
Brakie, over the years have you done a lot of driving with the window down and or professional driving?

The reason I ask this is because that cataract is most likely caused by sun light and sun glare entering your drivers side window and heading straight for your left eye.
I will explain; I came across a doco where a female researcher was taking photographs of UK truck drivers and comparing the left and right sides of their faces to show sun damage. Truck drivers tend to drive with the window down and not having the auto glass there, which blocks certain damaging wavelengths of sun light, meant that the drivers skin was ageing faster on the right side of their faces when compared to their left.

I speculate that if that same sunlight was damaging their skin, it follows that it was also damaging their right eye more than their left eye. Wrap around sunglasses are only fairly recent, so side exposure is still an issue.
Now this was dealing with exposure to UK strength sunlight, so extrapolate that for the sunlight where you live and if you drive with the steering wheel on the left it will be the left side of your face and left side of your left eye which receives greater sunlight exposure. For those of us Commonwealth countries that drive on the left of the road with our steering wheels on the right and who have greater amounts and strength of sunlight than the UK it is the right side of our faces and the right side of our right eye which must be monitored. Allowance must be made for how much outdoor activity and its type, ie sunlight and sun glare at the beach combined with water glare, particularly in Australia with its harsh sunlight and hole in the O-zone layer.

Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More

Messages In This Thread