PFE "Super giant" R-70-2 reefers
Exactly one year ago I presented the first of PFE R-70-2 reefer models here in Big Blue, see this Weekly report.

This was the answer of Charlie B.
Charlie B Wrote:Bernhard, your friend should not only be satisfied, he should be overwhelmed.
Thanks Charlie, however my friend was not absolutely satisfied! And today I can understand his objection.
He was not lucky with this footboard for the brakeman, a small plastic part that was delivered with the kit of Sunshine models and two small other things which must be changed. Please compare these two pictures - old and new!

[Image: pfe-r70-supergiant-11k.jpg]

[Image: pfe-r70-supergiant-25k.jpg]

I think that he was right with his wish! I replaced the raw plastic parts by steps made from a hard cardboard which were drawn and laser cut by a professional model builder. This is the complete board or that what is leftover in moment.

[Image: bremsertritte2k.jpg]

Today I would like to show you the next models of this series, all built with the modifications as shown and written before.

[Image: pfe-r70-supergiant-27g.jpg]

[Image: pfe-r70-supergiant-26gs.jpg]

In next year I will build the last three models of these PFE "super-giant" reefers and then everything should be done for my friend - maybe until a new question for building some models to him.
You can find a complete gallery of this project on my website with captions in English.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.

Messages In This Thread