Problem with current on sidings
RobertInOntario Wrote:
MasonJar Wrote:Hi Rob,
I'm not sure, but I think I read that you're only feeding power to the track in one spot? If that's the case, is your rail all soldered or are you relying on track joiners to feed the power around the layout? The way you describe how it's fine right after its fixed, but then slowly gets worse, makes me think that something is working its way loose. You might add some additional track feeders and see how that goes.
Andrew

Thanks, Andrew. I'll try that or at least experiment by putting extra wires feeds on the track. However, I'm still thinking that there is a short appearing somehow, mainly b/c the short light lights up on the transformer. The track is soldered in a few places but not continuously along the track.

On a different topic my wife & I had to visit the Connaught Cadet Training Centre in Nepean this summer (to pick up our son from cadets training camp). En route, we managed to visit the railway museum at Smith's Falls -- it's quite a nice museum. I'd like to visit on one of their running days.

Cheers, Rob

Whatever is going on, I hope you manage to fix it!

I haven't been to Smiths Falls in a few years, but they do have a decent collection, as well as resources/archives. I don't know if you've ever stopped in Brighton at Memory Junction, but that is worth a few hours as well.

Cheers!

Messages In This Thread