Free Layout Design Help
Hi Rob,That's very kind of you to offer your services for free Applause I have been lazy when it comes to designing a track plan,and actually considered building structures for my switching layout,then designing a track plan around the structures.Not sure if that would work out or not?I included some pics of my completed bench work.Basically it's 5- 4foot x30" tables(along wall)connected to another 4ft x 30" table connected to 5 - 4x8ft tables.I'm going for a Industrial/Suburban type switching layout,kinda like a Industrial park.Consisting of close to full scale(1:87th)structures.Consisting of a plastics plant,Automotive stamping plant,Dry bulk transfer facility,Corn Syrup transfer facility,a Baked goods plant,Road commision Facility,Metal stamping plant facility,Warehouse storage facility.Time period will be 2007-present.Also there will be small areas dedicated to suburban housing,included will be at least 3 highway overpasses and some street running,along with a small yard(8 tracks)I use Atlas Super track(code 83)with #6 switches(soon to add #4 custom line switches)All my structures will be scratch built,since there is no manufacturer who produces modern structures to the scale that i will be building them.I am a big fan of Lance Mindheim's work and his Miami Layout,so i think you get the idea of what i'm going for?Thanks

Attached Files Image(s)

Don Shriner

Messages In This Thread