My home layout - from planning to completion
lajry Wrote:Looks like a few feet on right side are missing from your plan. Would add Xovers to right & left of the top siding on blue line so loads & empties can run between the red & blue lines. Is cement going to be the only industry on this layout? Is all the cement going to be consumed on your layout or interchanged to other RRs?
Hi Andy,

I'm not sure what you are saying is missing from the right side. I will be adding more crossovers as I can see I need them.
The thought of who is consuming the goods from the cement plant have not been totally worked out at this point. I hope to have an industry (GERN) that will use it for a product but I'll need to work that out after the track is settled. If the delivery will be off the layout or on layout only has not been thought about. This will be more for my son to play with trains and I can operate some as well. I also want to have a place to model scenery so I can take photos of my trains.

Thank you for the input and please share any thoughts as I love to hear ideas because it only helps me build a better layout. Being my first "real" layout I need this input.

Dave

Messages In This Thread