An exhibition in Dresden/Germany
[Image: salinas_1.jpg]

On weekend February 20th to 22nd we the “American Model Railroaders of Eastern Germany” have exhibited our enlarged modular layout in HO-Scale while a model railroad exhibition here in Dresden/Germany. Modules of seven modelers of our group were arranged as a big single track oval including a four track main station, a seven track staging yard and a large siding. Additional we could add a three track container terminal outside of the oval which was connected by a junction as part of the oval. The whole arrangement has a measuring of 63’ by 16’.

Preparing the modular layout.

[Image: IMG_0001.JPG]

Our main station while the exhibition.

[Image: IMG_0040.JPG]

[Image: IMG_0050.JPG]

[Image: Members_b.jpg]
The exhibition crew - I'm the senior member in center, fifth of right.

The layout was equipped with a DCC system so that we could run eight different long trains (sorry, 25 freight cars only) and a few locals, passengers and freights. Most of locos were equipped with sound decoders so all our guests did not only see our model trains but also they could hear the sounds of American locomotives.
What we not did was to present a specific railroad time or a specific area of USA. All of our members build or collect after own interests and we tried to show wide scenery of American model railroading. Most of visitors come for seeing a Big Boy and when they have seen it pulling a heavy freight train than their wishes are fulfilled about American model railroading. Diesel powered modern trains are of interest however missing without a Big Boy and without other large steam locos - that is not a right US layout!

Look here the whole picture gallery.

This was a very good event also for us modelers because most of us do not own a private layout in homes.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.

Messages In This Thread