An exhibition in Dresden/Germany
Thank you very much to all for your friendly and honouring comments.

Yes, we have had four stressing days for building up and displaying our modules however we were enjoyed also for many discussions with visitors.
At evening of first displaying day we let run the trains for own pleasure and we operated with double long trains by coupling together two of the ordinary model trains. An idea was born! At second and third day we held short special sessions two times per day where we pushed two trains together after close to original switching methods – setting the caboose apart, moving and coupling the two trains together and coupling the caboose at end of long train again. In one case we pulled this long steam train by double heading, a N&W Y-6b and a class J, a very impressed view especially for the visitors.
The fine Kadee couplers are common unknown objects here in Europe, so the most visitors looked very interested while the switching times for the easy and uncomplicated operating with these couplers including the easy done pre-decoupling – things which are very unusable and nearly impossibly here with the most used loop and hook couplers. Pushing a train with 40 cars – an absurdity with European model trains – we did it without derailing!
I think that we did show a good and solid American model railroading and that we showed the differences to European model trains. However I know also that we own a few modules which need additional detailing and that must be our work of next time.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.

Messages In This Thread