Have any of you done the " quit smoking " thing ?
I have been a heavy smoker since the first break at the first day in school. Some older boys offered me a cigarette in a quiet corner of the schoolyard for free and I like it from the very beginning.
I quit about 20 years ago. It was an extreme painful process. The first three month were like hell. I was often siting home in the evening and had tears in my eyes. All my mind was demanding a cigarette. An awful time... for my staff in the office too. I was for some time the worst manager ever seen.
I was through the painful time after about one year. After some years did my mind flip to the other side. I became very sensitive for tobacco smoke and hate it like shit. It simply stinks awful. I guess my subconscious mind is also afraid to go that time again and protects itself.
The good news is that because that time was so awful I will never do it again! Ones was enough for my lifetime.

Why did I quit?
- The constant cough was nasty
- Temporary dizziness was somewhat alarming
- None smoking areas were growing like mushrooms. It became very inconvenient to smoke
- The entire office building was none smoking area. Standing in rain and snow to smoke ......
- All flights became none smoking. The entire Houston airport became a none smoking area. A police officer approached me lighting me first cigarette after the flight "outside" the building but on airport property
- Hotel rooms became none smoking by default
- Rented cars became none smoking be default

ps. My wife quit together with me and provided full support.
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread