Have any of you done the " quit smoking " thing ?
teejay Wrote:Wow , 15 cents / pack ....here in Ontario I think it is around $10 for the name brands and a bit cheaper for no-name these days . . Guy next door to me in his 50's is a heavy smoker and , yes , it is in conjunction with beer ....can't seem to have one without the other . He has tried ( I would say half-heartedly ) to quit with no success .....like you say , you need to quit everything related to it .
The guys on here who have been long time smokers , and quit , should be congratulated for persevering .....very difficult I'm sure .

T
Yeah, back in the 50's they were fifteen cents, which relates to $1.50 in today's money. Still cheep by today's prices. As kids, if you only had a few pennies, the local storekeeper had a pack open that he'd sell what we called, "loosies" for one cent each. When I quit in the late 60's, they were still around 30 cents a pack. Back then, the government wasn't interested in getting folks to stop, it was a fashion statement that everyone did, and kids did to appear grown up.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread