We need your feedback, all of you...
teejay Wrote:When I play Pogo games , scrabble , word whomp .....then bridge on another site , I' noticed advertisements off to the side , of items I've been googling for previously . It's a little unnerving to think that I'm being tracked as to what products I'm looking at on google . This hasn't happened just once , it's been many times .

I needed a garage door opener , checked for products on line and those ads were shown on the game I was playing . Same with Ikea furniture that I had been considering as well as a new 32" tv for my wife's room . The ads showed up for a couple of days then .

Yup!!! Google has ad/browsing tie ins. If you googleize anything at all, google remembers where you went. It then talks to other places you visit and coordinates the ads to match your interests. This is probably happening on our old site now, but as Don said, we won't let it happen here!!!!

You signed on to the "usage and feedback" permission when you first used Google. That's the permission you give Google to coordinate the ads. Sad Sad Sad

Now what really scares me, is when I visit certain stores, if I have the location service activated on my phone, I get specific ads for that store... from Google.. That's a bit more than I care for, so I always keep the GPS/Location turned off, unless I'm navigating.
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???

Messages In This Thread