MWaz Get off your duff challenge
[Image: IMG_1378_zps86np5xu1.jpg]

This is a hanger on project I've been working on for over a year now. I know I'm joining the challenge late but, hopefully it will be the push I need to get it back on the rails again. It is a Bowser H-9. At one time it was the first Bowser kit I ever bought some 30 years ago. I finally got in running about 5 years ago, but it met an unfortunate incident at my club's layout when it ended up on the floor, falling approximately 4 feet destroying the boiler and many of the detail pieces shot off all over the place. So, pretty much this is a total rebuild. The picture shown is with a new boiler I was able to turn up and some detail parts I've already added. The original H-9 had a brass frame, but I opted for a zamac frame on the rebuild because I discovered with a Bowser PRR L-1 build (actually I built 3) that the mikados with a solid frame ran a little quieter then with the open brass frame. Originally, the H-9 kit came with the typical DC-71 motor that I swapped out for a Helix Humper motor. With the new frame I installed a NWSL gearbox and motor.[Image: IMG_1493_zpsvjusjj2d.jpg]

Messages In This Thread