MWaz Get off your duff challenge
More progress was made last night and I was able to complete the piping under the running boards on the engineer's side.
[Image: IMG_4976_zps6qai6t10.jpg]

I'm thinking of adding one more pipe bracket just to the right of the air tank. The pipe kinda droops in this location. Other then that, this side of the locomotive is basically complete. I'll add the headlight when I wire it up for DCC. I'll be moving on to the tender part of the build.

Here's a shot with locomotive lined up with her tender.
[Image: IMG_4977_zpskxp4gyse.jpg]

Shots of the damage to the tender when it made it's trip to the floor. Not to bad for a 4 foot drop.

[Image: IMG_4980_zps7pkevr2a.jpg]

I think I'm going to strip the paint on the tender so I can get the paint all one color again before weathering.

[Image: IMG_4979_zpsm4lnchgs.jpg]

Here are are a few shots on how I made the H-9 operate with a decoder.

[Image: IMG_4981_zps5vvi9atp.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4982_zpsfacjtufu.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4983_zpshciipdzg.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4984_zpslhowv4dx.jpg]

A long drawn out process led me to this configuration for the DCC installation. Part of which was making a mold of the original Bowser tender floor and casting one made of resin. That is what is seen in the above photos. But, I may change that set up and utilize a set of Bachmann tender trucks from their K-4 tender. That way the bolsters are plastic instead of metal like with the Bowser trucks. And go back to the Bowser tender floor. Haven't made a full decision about that, yet. But, I've seen some other modelers have been using a Kadee coupler centering spring as a wiper for tender pick ups and have been wanting to give that a try.
[Image: IMG_4985_zpstxvywjyh.jpg]

Messages In This Thread