MWaz Get off your duff challenge
Little more work made last night in getting the locomotive ready for DCC. Didn't get to where I hoped to last night and won't get to the club tonight, either. We have a program to attend at my daughter's school tonight that I didn't know about.

Electric tape, Walthers nylon screws, 4-40 3/4 screw(the one in picture has been cut already) and a 2-56 3/4.
[Image: IMG_5047_zps0cotbnm8.jpg]

I guess at the time when I put the drive together I didn't have any nylon screws and I used a brass screw to secure motor to frame. So, I need to replace this screw with the 2-56 nylon screw. The 4-40 screw is for the mount at rear of motor(not seen in this picture). Sorry, for the blurry picture but threads of brass screw can be seen.
[Image: IMG_5045_zpspw2xvh2g.jpg]

I had to remove the bottom cover plate, so now I am able to show the area that was filed out for the NWSL drive.
[Image: IMG_5046_zpsqw5piwpa.jpg]

I use electrical tape to isolate the motor from the frame.

[Image: IMG_5048_zpsf84attqz.jpg]

Last picture, motor is mounted to frame with nylon screws and insulated with electrical tape. Checking for continuity. None found. That means motor is isolated from frame. That's a good thing. Thumbsup

[Image: IMG_5050_zpsbfxefjty.jpg]

Messages In This Thread