MWaz Get off your duff challenge
While getting ready to put a primer coat on the boiler I realized I missed some details. I missed the hand rail that is on the sand dome, which I've now added to engineer & firemen's side.
[Image: IMG_5159_zpsmavowder.jpg]
[Image: IMG_5158_zpsinl204oe.jpg]

I also realized I didn't put doors in on the front of the cab. In some pictures I've looked at of the H-9, the engineer's side doesn't look like a full door, maybe like a barn door? Anybody got some input on that I'd be interested in hearing about that. And in some pictures doors look recessed and in others they look raised off the cab a bit? Again, if anyone one has any input on how to do these doors, suggest away. Right now I'm thinking of some really thin flat styrene.

Door areas:
[Image: IMG_5155_zpspvjjhle7.jpg]
[Image: IMG_5156_zpsvz4ufwrn.jpg]

I also noticed when preparing for primer that the drip rails on the cab were installed incorrectly Eek (See previous photos in thread) Now corrected:
[Image: IMG_5154_zpsfdplj699.jpg]

Weather is going to be nice this week so at least I should be able to get everything in primer after the door detail is added. I did order a set of Calscale brake shoes which I need to install on the frame yet.

Messages In This Thread