MWaz Get off your duff challenge
Well, this week I received my lifetime supply of 4.7K ohm resistors. 100 for like $2.50 Thumbsup .
[Image: IMG_0269_zpss74czycw.jpg]

I replaced the 3.9K resistor with the new 4.7K resistor. Single blue wire comes from decoder to resistor. Double blue wire will be the positive side of the front headlight and the tender light.
[Image: IMG_0263_zpsvpslsxgh.jpg]

I soldered one of the blue leads off the resistor and the white lead(front headlight for DCC) from the decoder to the Miniatronics dual pin connector.
[Image: IMG_0270_zpsqphg6ags.jpg]

And as fate would have it, when I got this side of the headlight circuit together and placed it on the the test track, I wasn't able to communicate with the decoder Curse So, after several hours of troubleshooting Sat. and Sun. morning, I finally noticed this:
[Image: IMG_0266_zps8tdczuns.jpg]

The bottom lead for the motor was touching the large brass screw on the motor frame. When I separated them from each other I was finally able to communicate with decoder and I was finally able to see this:
[Image: IMG_0268_zpsdlognzzs.jpg]

Occasionally I use this product to isolate connections that possibly can become grounded. It works like shrink tube when it dries. Found this in Home Depot when I was repairing some old cloth wire in a light fixture before biting the bullet and removing the old knob and tube wiring in the house.
[Image: IMG_0267_zpsdsptav61.jpg]

Going to try and get the tender light done tonight. Hopefully without further troubleshooting Crazy .

Messages In This Thread