MWaz Get off your duff challenge
Just a little update on the NWSL gearbox situation. I may have discovered after all this time what may have been causing me so much trouble with the gearbox, aside from the bearing failing. I believe I have been over-tightening the four screws that close the gearbox sides together. Directions say to just "snug" screws down. My definition of snug must be different then the the makers at NWSL. Anyway, I had the H-9 at the club today and it ran pretty well. But, I now found a new hurdle to overcome. The H-9 can handle the inclines (2 of them one eastbound and westbound) at the club when ran by itself, but when ran with a string of cars it slips. Believe it or not, at nearly 2 lb...it slips. Which I think I remember it did when it ran before and I had to add Bullfrog Snot to the drivers. Will get some on tonight and let it set.

My apologies, for the lack of photos through this whole gearbox disaster. When I get into these things where I'm trying to figure things out, I wasn't really thinking about taking pictures. I was thinking I can't believe I have to take this stupid gearbox again Wallbang 35 Wallbang . Hopefully I'm on the other side of this issue, now Thumbsup .

Messages In This Thread