Old AHM/Rivarossi 4-4-0 upgrading
Hello,

time for April fooling has passed and it's time to proceed with the little 4-4-0.

[Image: dsc01821sgs56.jpg]
The lantern was glued onto it's bracket and this asembly was then fitted onto the smokebox. The wires were soldered and the lantern tested. LED colour tone is Super Golden White here which renders the light of the oil burner fairly well.
The brass coloured parts between the drivers were removed.

[Image: dsc018238esac.jpg]
A photo from 90° angle. The loco looks more "grown up" and no longer so oversized as before.

[Image: dsc01824hxs71.jpg]
Next i took a deep grab in my grabbox. In prehistoric times there may have had been wonderful brass castings available, but not here on the other side of the big pond. So i had to botch up a early Westinghouse brake equipment with parts i found in my grabbox. The cylinders were once parts intended for German freight cars. The brake shoes and hangers also. A bend 0.5mm brass wire poses as push rods, the joint to the brake cylinder is still missing. Crazy about how to crank it.
The Westinghouse single stage compressor is from an Prussian T3 (the little 0-6-0 on my April Joke photo Wink ) which was equipped with a better one. Position of compressor and plumbing was taken from several photos of early 4-4-0s.

[Image: dsc018257rsxw.jpg]
So it look like on the rails. Added was the visible Part of the balancers between the driving axles.

[Image: dsc01826p9sqv.jpg]
The other side.

Cheers Lutz

Messages In This Thread