8x1.5 foot Port Able Railway HO Scale Time Saver Variation
Tyson Rayles Wrote:The track plan makes perfect sense to me Mike and yes I wouldn't trade your time with the 2 year old either! Thumbsup

Thanks Tyson,
My wife and daughter are an absolute delight to be with. My wife puts up with my hobby and my daughter loves choo choos.

At first, I had the turnout going toward E.D. Ibble foods all the way on the left of the middle 4 foot section. I had to have it that way to provide enough room on the switchback going into Hardley Able and Uranus Hertz for 2 cars and a locomotive. It made the runaround a little tight, but manageable. I had originally planned what Kurt suggested, but I found that it would make that switchback too short. I had discussed my plan with a renowned track planner and he mentioned the same thing. The runaround was a little tight. It was a compromise that I may have had to contend with. With Chris's suggestion, I can have the longer runaround, an easier time switching the two industries in the upper left, and still have a yard (while smaller, it will still be enough to do the job).

That made a lot of sense. I just redrew the track plan to this:

Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.

Messages In This Thread