modelsof1900's Get off yer duff Challenge (Part III)
Today I would like to start a thirt part of the contest - digitalizing of my N&W class M 4-8-0 with this picture how the model looked in August 2016 before the first movement was done.

[Image: nw_classm-003k.jpg]

I think that this is a nice model imported by Sunset models and now around 18 years in my shocase. Really, it was time to digitalize it and to add some motive power for my 1930 trains. The prototype was built a first time in 1906 already however they were coupled with 6-axle tenders not before 1930/35 so that I ought to use it only with my 1930 (+) freight train. However this is the time where I did not have an own digitalized model loco fitting this time - until now. However some more models will follow!
First modifications of model are ...

[Image: nw_classm-006k.jpg]

... a too wide distance from engine to tender,

[Image: nw_classm-008k.jpg]

... and a wrong hight of foot board on tender and the missing cab apron, which were to correct!
This is the result, a lowered foot board and a new shoveling bord and an added cab apron.

[Image: nw_classm-020k.jpg]

Or seen from the side.

[Image: nw_classm-021k.jpg]

This picture shows a good realized solution on the model. The wheels are relatively softly sprung so the wheels follow also heavy track unevennesses without problems!

[Image: nw_classm-013kp.jpg]

Adding a working front coupler without the large Kadee coupler box where I glued a very thin phosphor-bronce wire into a pre-drilled hole of shaft.

[Image: nw_classm-023kb.jpg]

However the end of spring wire must be fixed in a hole or a slot where it is freely movababely!

[Image: nw_classm-024k.jpg]

To be continued.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.

Messages In This Thread