"TENDER TUESDAY"
It's that day again Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

For today I have some prototype pics to show, It's the tender for Boston & Main 3713. This tender and engine are currently undergoing a projected 5 to 7 year restoration at Steamtown in Scranton PA.

The cistern is currently being removed from the frame as it will be shipped out to another location for it's rebuild. Everything from the frame down will be refurbished on site. One of the items to be addressed will be removing the old friction bearings and replacing them with roller bearings that will be hidden inside the journal boxes.    

You can see that over the years she has been bumped around a bit,, All of this will be addressed.    

The Stoker engine has been removed and packaged up somewhere that I could not find. I wanted to locate it for a few photos, as I intend to do a bit on stokers for this thread. But, no luck :? In the pic live steam feed pipe is visible in the bottom center of the stoker compartment.    
The plexiglass window will be removed from the door and replaced with a steal one.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  

Messages In This Thread