"TENDER TUESDAY"
Very cool and inventive build Lutz. Thumbsup

I have a pic or two to share from my chase last weekend for this Tender Tuesday..... Big Grin

A nicely rendered Miss Liberty herald that belongs to CNJ 113. This tender, and the 200,000 pound loco It's attached to, represents 1/2 of the surviving steam power of the CNJ and 113 is the only operating engine of the two.

A few years back a dedicated group of railfans returned this B-7s 0-6-0 back life, basically under a tent. Just do a search on project 133 if you want to know more, they can tell the story better that I ever could. But for this thread, I will focus on the tender.

Alco put this tender together back in June of 23 and it is identical to the tenders towed behind the smaller USRA B-6 0-6-0's. It's unknown if this is the original tender that was shipped with this engine from Schenectady, as the CNJ had tender swapping down to a fine art. All CNJ tenders had a removable number plate with raised aluminum numbers that were a standard size. It was held in a bracket on the rear of each tender by gravity so that tenders could be quickly reassigned to other engines during servicing. Nowhere on the tender is the engines number painted. I believe that the number plate has been permanently attached to prevent theft, as it is still the original one. This tender held 7,000 gallons of water and 10 tons of anthracite, Just as stenciled on the rear of the cistern. Wooden coal boards were added to it just before it was sold to the Philadelphia Coal and Iron co. back in 1953 to bring It's capacity up a few tons, they have since been removed to preserve It's as build appearance.

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  

Messages In This Thread