"TENDER TUESDAY"
Applause Applause Applause

That coal looks more like culm to me, Steve. Is that tender going behind a camelback, or something else with a Wooten firebox?

This isn't a how-to, shown below, but I used a similar technique to make a load for the tender of this brass 0-6-0...

[Image: S0035574.jpg]

The coal pocket is very shallow, so I cut a base from .030" black sheet styrene that just fit into the bunker, then took it out and gave it very low sides...a bit less than 1/8" high...made from the same black styrene. I lined the bunker, as you did, with plastic wrap, but used enough so that the entire tender was otherwise covered. I then re-inserted the plastic pan, pushing it into place and filled it with "coal".
After spraying it with "wet" water (hence the need to cover the rest of the tender), I added some diluted white glue and set it aside to dry for a day or two

Removing the plastic wrap lifted the pan and its load of coal from the tender, and when re-installed, it fit perfectly...

[Image: S0045575.jpg]

I usually model full open bunkers for my tenders, and fill them (or not) to whatever height I want, using loose coke breeze to represent the coal - useful for varying the appearance when taking photos, but otherwise, a little messy. The loco shown was done for a friend, who intends to add sound.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread