A Sad Day
cn nutbar Wrote:It wouldn't surprise me to see Walmart open a train/hobby department Eek

YIKES! I see enough plumbers butt at train shows and Walmart certainly doesn't need any more of those in their isles. Icon_lol

I am very lucky, I have PWRS just down the road ten minutes away. I put my order in online and stop in and pick it up next time I am out. The isles are so full of everything train, it is like being in heaven. They have my credit card on file, so I can just walk in and walk out with my stuff if I am in a hurry.

I have lots of fond memories of hobby shops as a kid and if it wasn't for those shops, I would not have discovered the R/C plane hobby. I still have several hobby shops within a reasonable distance, however, it is really hit and miss on the stock they have. Most things that use to be in a hobby shop has now been moved to specialty shops and frankly, I prefer it that way. I have four train only shops within a half hour drive, so I am lucky. I have a large R/C shop twenty minutes away that has huge amounts of materials for scratch building. I am lucky.

Brent

Messages In This Thread