Freelance 2017-3
The Fox Valley GP60 makes some trouble.

1. The plastic is very brittle. Removing the truck bottom to readjust a wheel set is not recommended if not absolutely necessary. I lost some of the noses and the bottom ist still not back in place but the handrail broke again while handling the engine.

2. The trucks have very limited room to swing in all directions. That causes a constant derail at a bad spot (30° transition on to the hatch). The truck side frames are extreme close to the main frame. I am not sure at this time if I cut the top of the side frame down, cut the main frame or add a washer. In any case must the engine be completely disassembled.

Some time later ....

1. The truck bottom is in place again. It lost 2 out of 4 noses.

2. Raised to outer rail somewhat brutal with a screw driver to get the GP passing. It' s better to fix bad tracks than to screw a brand new engine. Anyhow
- the GP60 is sensitive to poor track work
- I need to have hatch transition at 90° angle only in the future. The rails must be cut at 90°. The woodwork is another story.

We got the white line and AC on the roof. That matches the current status. This http://www.nsdash9.com is a great source of information. Especially white line, horse head and white front painting details are perfect covered for each unit.

[Image: 37423469286_285549dea3_c.jpg]
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread