Already tired of the hype
Well, today's the day. Not much time left to make a decision about where to go to see the eclipse. Too late to head out to those sweet spots of 100%, we might be able to drive up north a bit and get in on an 80% view, but after thinking about it for a few seconds, I figure I'm good with 65% and might go outside when it peaks. No, we can't look up, too late for even finding viewing glasses. I wonder though, is there this much hype in other countries when they have their eclipses? And just how does this many people get time off from work to travel this far to see something like this? And by later today when they get back in what's been described as the biggest traffic jam in history, will everyone think all this was worth it? Just curious that's all....... :?

And no, we're not criticizing anyone for doing this, I don't think anyone here is either. It's just for us, it's not worth the time, inconvenience and expense of it all. I'm glad though for everyone that wants to see this once in a lifetime even the way they want to..... Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread