Reading I-10 build
Evening gents,, I am still catching up with my photos. I noticed one or two that I forgot to post. I had a rough time getting the boiler to mount correctly to the drive. I removed the bottom section of the smokebox from the Bachman's cylinders casting and attached it to the boiler like how most other manufactures do. this will help later on when I start adding details to the boiler. This led to another problem, the Bowser cylinders have a different diameter to there saddle. I used a bottle of Polly Scale paint wrapped with some sand paper to get a closer fit. I covered the valve gear with tape to keep all the chips out. The attachment point at the rear of the engine also needed to be moved forward. I built it up with plastic and J-B weld and re-tapped the hole to make it all work.

I added all wheel pickup to the drivers.

Here's a look at the front of he pilot after I removed the molded on coupler and enlarger the opening for a new working coupler.

I used an old Lee-town casting for the draft gear and a long shanked Kadee to make up the front coupler. It did take a little shimming and fussing with to get it to fit.

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  

Messages In This Thread