Reading I-10 build
With the addition of the valve gear, the cross head issue on this side has gotten worse. It will be time for some careful file work. I am also not happy with the way the cross head link ( the short rod of the valve gear that attaches to the bottom of the cross head ) droops down near the cylinder. This should be level with the rail head. The radius rod ( the longer rod that runs vertically from the link up to the rest of the gear just behind the cylinders' ) is too long . I will shorten it, but it will have to wait until I get more rivets as I am out.    

The fireman's side. When I put this side together I found out that I was short one link. I cut one out of brass and riveted it in place. I have the same trouble here with the radius rod being too long.

A close up of the link.

At least it's running smooth in both directions. I think I will add some extra pick up to the insulated side of the drive, but I'll start striping details from the boiler first. Although the B-man boiler is nicely detailed , a lot of them are wrong or I know I can make them look better.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  

Messages In This Thread