Hi friends - long time no see!!
Hi guys! It’s sure been awhile, and I hope life has been kind to you in the meantime.

I have some major news, and that’s that after 5+ years, my mother's estate has finally been settled and we’ve sold the house!!!

I know I've been out of touch for a long time, and the fact is that I took my model railroad down because we were supposed to be selling the house 6 years ago. I feel bad it’s taken me so long to let you guys know what’s been up, because now I’m moving in less than a week!! Going to be a little more in the direction of downtown, but still a residential area, close to the lake, High Park, and the subway.

It’s a massive downsizing from a 5 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom apt but the good news is, there’s a 20 ft long garage, so I’m actually bringing all my train stuff with me for now. Packing it up I can’t help thinking how great it would be to do something with it, like some kind of shelf display with my streetcars. I’m thinking of selling off some of my outsized collection of locos and rolling stock, since I doubt I’ll be running any trains for the foreseeable future. Keeping my favourites of course! I thought of maybe getting a table at one of the shows next year.

Packing is hell, but I’m really looking forward to this move, as it’s going to bring a lot of closure. I’m excited, and a bit nervous i will confess, but only a little bit.

Cheers!
Val

Messages In This Thread