Brooklyn 1st Ave waterfront
(01-09-2019, 07:11 AM)Rscott417 Wrote: .....having a building in the foreground will block that corner and the background scenery and almost all the street running track.....

Personally, I'd still go with the building.  As long as your layout is not too high, you should be able to see over the structure for operations.  I've deliberately put structures or other things between the viewer and the track:  it's a good way to direct the viewer's eye to the things you want them to notice.  As long as you can reach needed things (manual turnout controls, or for manual uncoupling, track cleaning, etc.) it will make the view more interesting.  It would also provide a better venue for taking on-layout photos:  the views that your LPBs might see, but that you can't.    It can also allow photos, in some situations, taken from on the layout, but looking towards the aisle - the structure in that scenario will act as the backdrop for the scene.
If you think that the structure might hamper access for maintenance, simply make it removeable.

It's your layout and your choices, of course, but it sounds to me as if that building was originally a much-desired part of the over-all plan....sorta like the thing that would really make the scene.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread