Freelance 2018-1
The new layout and the new prepared room are the best opportunity for a general cleanup. I have been at the local dump yard with 9 large bags of locomotives and 12 boxes of rail cars. It is unbelievable how much stuff has been collected over the years. Lots of BN, BNSF, ATSF and SP. Also two boxes of old wooden 34' and 40' boxcars.I dumped also some wellcars, center beam etc. far to long for my small layout. Even some old German stuff.

I am going to concentrate on the east cost with CSX, NS (CSAO), and some CF7 and FEC after the year 2000. The alternatives are Chicago with MILF MP15AC and some SOO engines and Conrail in the timeframe 1980 - 1990.
That is sufficient stuff for a monthly rework of the new layout if desired 357

I kept some Canadian GMD-1 and a collection of of UP GP15-1 and GP38-2 for a possible LA based theme.

And there is still a collection of German HOm steam and diesel engines narrow gauge from Weinert and Bemo stored in the basement.

Just got a call from a guy I met at the junk yard. He came over and saved bag 10 and 11 of the last locomotives I intended to dump. I am clean now Thumbsup

All kept locomotives sorted and stored in flat boxes. About 8 - 12 engines per box.
[Image: 25265362117_e43cd95faf_c.jpg]
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread