Freelance 2018-1
That is a nice layout plan. What program did you use?
At the staging yard (north side) is no free space for anything. The yard will be behind long tables used as (retiree) office (TV, iMac) and workshop. Four tracks and physical access only when I lean over the tables.
The south side will be mostly straight as found in US industrial areas. I want a road at the very front (probable only the east bound lanes and the yellow double center lines) followed by the main line (47cm from the wall) in parallel and a industry lead (40cm from the wall) connected at the east and west end to the main line. The industry lead provides a theoretical space for seven #6 switches permitting seven industries between the lead and the wall. But that is the max and would look rather odd.
[Image: 26390743668_6bb33778c1_c.jpg]

I have intentionally no further plans but will "play" with switches and tracks to find something I like most. This "work space" of 40cm * 420cm and max seven connecting switches can easy be reconfigured several times.

The elegant curved track look great but they become a big problem for further changes of the track plan. A straight track can easy replaced with a switch. An elegant curve can hardly become a switch without more severe redesign. I had that some years ago (I love long elegant curves of some parallel running tracks) but avoid it now for practical reasons.

ps. I will start probably with light ballast and ground cover. It is always easier to darken it later than vise versa without a complete rebuild. That sets the stage for 2018-1 in an freelance industrial area in Florida or SoCal depending on the state trooper's car markings and the CSX/NS/FEC/FCEN or UP road switcher on the tracks.
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread