La Mirada, CA BNSF Switching Project
Quote:And this is where Stage Road and Alondra Blvd meet right above the tracks. This is raised above the tracks, this overpass will be modeled.
....not sure how to get the picture to show up in the reply without replying to the whole post...

On the NE corner of Escalona and Alondra is Johnny's Garage. I could take my truck in for an oil change, walk home, and walk back when it was ready. Also in that shopping strip is PIC, Precision Instrument Calibration. They do pretty much what the name says, calibrate precision instruments (calipers, micronomers, etc.). The family that owns the place used to be members of the church, but left after growing dissatisfied with the direction we were heading. Let's just say that's the sanitized version of what happened. I think there's a little hole-in-the-wall bar and smoke shop, and maybe a hair salon. Could be a modelgenic scene, but probably doesn't exactly fit in relation to the tracks.

Stage Road undulates up and down along the tracks. For the most part it is well above them, and much of it is hidden from the tracks (looking from the south) by the large oleanders. If you model the right season that could be a beautiful touch, with them in bloom. Large pink and white blossoms all over a long, good sized hedge row.

Also for foliage, if you are planning on doing a background behind Stage road, IMSR, some sections of San Ardo are lined with Jacaranda trees. It's one long purple tunnel at the right time.

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!

Messages In This Thread