where are the pix/vids ?
(11-29-2018, 05:07 PM)MarkinLA Wrote: So, am I correct to assume I will see very little pix in BBTF unless I pay a fee to, is it, photobucket ? I left a couple other forums for other reasons, but neither were difficult to find tons of vids/pix in nor was there a fee to do so...So far I like BBTF allot because it seems to lean more toward fine-scalers more than to say, the toyish end of the hobby. I'm lame about allot of I-net nomenclature/navigation...I'm not fully sure what I'm being told by you. Is there going to be a void for me, of photos ? Or, am I misunderstanding just how TO pull them up ?  Thanks again, M

You are misunderstanding what we are telling you. It's the member that has the photos there and have linked them, not only to here, but anywhere, can only be shown if they pay the fee to join Photobuckets. You cannot pay to see them, but you could see them on their Photobuckets site if you did find their photos there. Photobuckets is a photo sharing site that used to be free and allowed external links, but about a year ago, they changed the rules and started charging members if they wanted to link to external sites such as ours or any other forum, train or otherwise.

That being said, we have tens of thousands of photos that have been uploaded to here or linked to sites that are not blocked.It is just a small percentage of our photos that are affected by this, but as I said, we're not the only site that these links are blocked on, it is universal on any site that has these links. Most photos here are uploaded to our site and that's where they stay, unaffected by the whims of photo sharing sites.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
where are the pix/vids ? - by MarkinLA - 11-28-2018, 07:07 PM
RE: where are the pix/vids ? - by ezdays - 11-28-2018, 07:45 PM
RE: where are the pix/vids ? - by nachoman - 11-28-2018, 09:54 PM
RE: where are the pix/vids ? - by ezdays - 11-29-2018, 06:27 AM
RE: where are the pix/vids ? - by MarkinLA - 11-29-2018, 05:07 PM
RE: where are the pix/vids ? - by ezdays - 11-29-2018, 06:10 PM
RE: where are the pix/vids ? - by MarkinLA - 11-29-2018, 09:24 PM
RE: where are the pix/vids ? - by doctorwayne - 11-30-2018, 12:50 AM