St-Henri Junction Layout
I recently had a look at Layouts forum and discovered an interesting thread about doctorwayne's layout (https://bigbluetrains.com/showthread.php?tid=1050). I am following Wayne's work on different forums for some years now and I always appreciate to look at photos he is publishing. But I had never seen his layout. The thread enabled me to better appreciate what his is doing.

This thread gave me the idea to do the same thing. I don’t pretend here that my layout can be compared to Wayne's one. Far from that. St-Henri Junction is a small switching layout that is far from being completed. There is a lot to be done before it could be considered finished and even then it will not stand comparison with Wayne's one.

I took some photos from the front seat of a friend's recently restored Tiger Moth, a WW2 British primary trainer.

Before laying any tracks, I draw a plan of what I wanted. The initial plan evolved constantly though. Tracks were added, others removed and industries changed. The numbers on the plan refer to the order of photos.

1- The western staging yard (Turcot) located in a closet.

2- The exit of the staging yard to the layout. The gondolas on the right are on the interior track of ACME Wires & Cables.

3- ACME Wires & Cables and Montreal Cookies Mill.

4, 5- The Cannery, St-Henri Station and the CNR Depot with a Piggyback facility.

6- A-D Games (upper center) and Bob's Trucking.

7, 8-Bob's Trucking, National Textiles and Atlantic Seafood.

9- Leclerc Petroleum and SICO PAINTS.

10, 11-CHINIC Warehouse, Walker's Brewery and I.C. Cold Storage.

12- CNR Diesel maintenance facility and Saint-Laurence Grains.

13- Entrance of the Eastern staging yard (St-Lambert) and reverse loop.

14- Eastern staging yard.

15- Exit of the Eastern staging yard and reverse loop (behind CHINIC Warehouse).

Guy from Southern Quebec.

Messages In This Thread
St-Henri Junction Layout - by CNR5103 - 01-08-2019, 04:03 PM
RE: St-Henri Junction Layout - by Brakie - 01-08-2019, 04:57 PM
RE: St-Henri Junction Layout - by doctorwayne - 01-08-2019, 08:50 PM
RE: St-Henri Junction Layout - by faraway - 01-09-2019, 03:28 AM
RE: St-Henri Junction Layout - by CNR5103 - 01-10-2019, 08:45 AM
RE: St-Henri Junction Layout - by Tyson Rayles - 01-10-2019, 09:45 AM
RE: St-Henri Junction Layout - by scribbelt - 01-19-2019, 10:04 AM