G&D Ore Car #90
Quote:Didn't John Allen have an Effluvium mine on his layout?

Why I believe he did! However, this car was sent over by the G&D to retreive a test load of Rottenstone Sulfite. Nasty stuff, in its raw form, but very versatile and useful when processed. Should the scouts over at GERN hear about this, well, they may want some too... 8-) The Ocali Creek Railway has recently stumbled upon a rich vein of this mineral. Funny story how it happened...I'll have to tell it sometime.

Suffice it to say, a mine that had once been considered shuttered when its principal coal seam didn't pan out has suddenly begun receiving timbers, blasting caps, etc. And an abandoned textile mill has also recently taken delivery of what appeared to be a flux drying tunnel and grinding mill. I think G&D 'sources' may have gotten hold of the requisition order paperwork and put two & two together. (They got five, btw 357 ).

All will be revealed in good time, and by that I mean a while, as I am nowhere near finished on the mine and haven't even begun the mill, but the parts are all there.

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!

Messages In This Thread