Rescuing and possibly restoring a Layout section
I made a rudimentary backdrop out of some foam-core board:

I cut a 20X30 board lengthwise and painted it in two shades of sky-blue. It's not a masterpiece but at least it hides the bookshelves in the background of my workshop.

I also repaired the sand house and the water tower. As it turns out the sandhouse  filler only really went back in one way and the untangling of the water tower was fairly easy as well. I under up using a small amount of CA to set the water tower's pipe in place as well as the counterweight chains, something that the original builder didn't do. The water tower is now glued in place as well.

I did do some work on the yard office/ bunkhouse. I had noticed that some of it's footings were missing from the front porch and the it too was loose from the base. I suspect that the guys who removed 'Hemsly' from the layout did this. I replace the footings and glued the structure back down. Now it's just a matter of scratchbuilding the speeder shelter on the side.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rescuing and possibly restoring a Layout section - by cnrglen - 01-09-2022, 01:17 PM