N scale engine roster
Interesting you mention nscalesupply...I've bought several items from them and was ok with the service...that's "ok" - not "pleased". But I go their website everyday for up-to-date Nscale news and new items. (But I need to apologize for almost hijacking the thread from where it started.)

Nice 80MAC and SD unit! I really like those Kato 80's and SD40-2's. They run so smoothly. I had a slight problem with my rear truck on the SD unit...turns out it wasn't even getting power. I fiddled with it a bit and found the conductive metal strip wasn't making the best contact. (I discovered the problem when I tried to clean the wheel sets. When I took the front trucks off the tracks to clean them, the power wasn't going through the rear set of trucks at all. When I put the front trucks back on the rails and elevated the rear trucks for cleaning, they turned fine.) Do yourself a favor if you already haven't...download the disassembly instructions for the Kato SD40 unit from their website. You really got to do some pulling to remove the shell correctly and the instructions tell you just where to hold onto and how hard to pull.
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)

Messages In This Thread