Freelance 2015-1
fast car Wrote:Brakie,

I understand what you're saying. We had the same moving security fences. Trucks and cars moved through two separate moving fences. However, the moving security fences were to the outside of the drop down gate. As I stated before we had a large security building with indoor toilets, refrigerator and microwave. On weekends and nights there was only one guard. After 10 pm the rolling gate was closed. If trucks or car traffic pulled up the rolling gate was opened and then closed. If he left the security building the rolling gates were closed to both truck and car traffic. People and trucks waited outside the gate until he returned.

Prior to having the newer building, it was simply a guard shack much like Reinhard has modeled. However, bathroom brakes were still a necessity and the rolling gates were utilized since only one guard was on duty.

Larry

Only time our moving gate was closed was on Holidays.We had two officers on duty 24/7 since we had to open other truck gates,paint shed,go inform the truckers they could proceed to the dock,take employees to the emergency room (when needed), make 3 roving rounds(we used a cart) and lock up the main office doors..Our shack had all the creature comforts including a 12 cup coffee pot.

The shack Reinhard is using would have electric baseboard heaters and probably a window air conditional.His shack needs a phone and electric line as well as window shades-the raising or setting of the sun can be hard on the officer(s) on duty if the sun is in their face.A transparent shade is used so,the officer can see out..
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Brakie,

That totally describes our old guard shack. The floor was giving way and it was decided to level it. The new one is brick with a waiting area with seating. Close circuit TV's and fire sensors have take the place of doing rounds. The only reason the guard leaves the building now is to do reefer checks on the trailers setting behind the facility.

Larry
With the groundwater an inch under the surface and the subtropical sun at the sky should an unused space should be green in Florida.
(it s is still a generic without the plan trees)

The state trooper noticed some strange skid marks in the lawn :?:
[Image: IMG_4055_zps6jv3g2cp.jpg]
Is is a perfect day to join the meeting and offer his "assistance" Smile
[Image: IMG_4056_zpsldrr3nu6.jpg]
He was somewhat surprised to meet his minor daughter in the front passenger's seat..... :o
No more details have been released!
Reinhard
In a Ford Crown Victoria? Was she paying off a speeding ticket in an unmarked car?
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Hi,

Reinhard,the green is looking good and with that little scene it´s a nice addititon to the whole thing.

Great work.

Cheers,Chris
Building the BC-Rail Dawson Creek Subdivision in H0 scale http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=7835
Hi Reinhard, looking good.

I think the Noch Grassmaster is way overpriced. I made my own a while ago, using an tea strainer and an old electric fly squatter from a bargain store.
Ripped the 'racket' bit off, soldered the wire to the tea strainer (and the other on a longer lead with aligator clip), and secured the lot with hotglue. Works quite well. :-)
total cost in my case, about GBP 10,- .

Koos
Be sure to visit my model railroad blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.namrr.blogspot.com">http://www.namrr.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->
torikoos Wrote:....I think the Noch Grassmaster is way overpriced. I made my own a while ago, .....
Got the low cost today. It is about as good or bad as the Grassmaster 1. Much better value for the money but still not good enough for long grass.

May be I should lern to set the 100 blades of long grass needed on my small layout with a pair of tweezers 357
Reinhard
Damn for some strange reason I havent had any update emails about this topic for a month. 35
A whole month of Reinhard's layout to catch up in one go. Wallbang Or should that be? Worship
Naturally Reinhard has been steaming ahead in his usual style, despite taking a holiday to sunny climes. Nope
As per usual, keep up the good work Reinhard. Thumbsup
Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
I've just been catching up with your latest incarnation of Freelance, Reinhard.

Superb modelling, and the speed with which you are able to re-invent the layout never ceases to amaze me.

As my main interest is in contemporary railroad modelling I prefer the new version of Freelance and the spacious look of a modern industrial park that you have achieved.

Mal
Layout videos - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/user/Alcanman1">http://www.youtube.com/user/Alcanman1</a><!-- m -->

New Westbrook <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=8888">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=8888</a><!-- l -->
Thanks for the kind words. I will try to slow down even more ...... 357

I did not like the brown warehouse foundation anymore.
[Image: IMG_3974_zpsdbkqfeth.jpg]

It got changed to white and light gray. The very left part is used by a sublessee who painted his part yellow.
[Image: IMG_4057_zpsckfdfjcb.jpg]
Reinhard
A long narrow strip at the very front has been uncovered since some years. It got it's well deserved green today except a 4-5" long part to be used to refill engines from a truck sitting on the gravel.
This are is excellent accessible. I may use it as a test area to improve my greenery skills.
[Image: IMG_4058_zpsdem32em7.jpg]

The disappointing results of 12mm/0,05" static grass. We will see how it looks tomorrow afternoon after vacuum and brushing.
[Image: IMG_4059_zpsnsqdaxjh.jpg]

Next day late afternoon after vacuum and brushing
a view from the side is not that bad
[Image: IMG_4061_zpsyauqmycr.jpg]
but a view from the top shows the mostly unordered blades.
[Image: IMG_4062_zps8bd88qwg.jpg]
this is simply useless...
Reinhard
Sorry, no time to work at the layout. Have to run the local.
[Image: IMG_4060_zpseo9iidnt.jpg]
Reinhard
Reinhard, your work is just slap awesome! Worship , Very inspirational thread Thumbsup Applause
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
The property is not in best shape. I hope we are not going to loose a valuable customer.....
[Image: IMG_4072_zpss4aye5q5.jpg]
I used water paint at the black loading dock cover. It looks ok on the layout but the closeup looks awful.
[Image: IMG_4071_zpsc17vstf0.jpg]
Reinhard
faraway Wrote:It looks ok on the layout but the closeup looks awful.
Three foot rule! Big Grin

Looks very good and I don't think the close up looks bad. I've seen many a dock seal that fades at different rates in different areas of the seal.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)