A hole in the wall X4 - a liftout bridge (page 12)
Very nice. I particularly like the station. Keep up the good work!

[Image: January10028lowres.jpg]
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Wow, TN, I'm very impressed! Eek Thumbsup Thumbsup Your rate of progress certainly makes me envious, and the quality of your work and how well everything just seems to fit together really makes it very enjoyable to see and to read about. Very nicely done.

Wayne
Thank you guys. Coloring kits with Prisma color pencils is a trick I've used for quite a while. Weathering with chalks though is something brand new to me and I have to admit I really like the results.
Gary, that little passenger station had some pieces that about drove me nuts!

Wayne, I didn't think you paid much attention to the N scale layouts. Thanks for looking and taking the time to comment/compliment!!!
Oh geez, I had forgotten that this was N scale! That station looks even more terrific now! All the itty bitty pieces.... man am I glad I do HO! You have way more patience than me.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
TN, your layout is progressing quite nicely. I love the station and the weathering to the bricks. I also really like the Art Deco Highway Underpass and the way you built it into the scenery! Great work
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Well, as promised, I took a whack at the ol' roundhouse next. First, you need to see what it was I was replacing...

[Image: January27005lowres.jpg]

This was a roundhouse I came across at a swapmeet some time back. No weathering, no painting, lots of missing pieces and the radius did not fit my turntable at the distance I wanted.

The new one I just finished (or so I thought until I went back and looked at the pictures. It seems there is still a little touchup left to do before I can call it completed.)

[Image: January27002lowres.jpg]

[Image: January27003lowres.jpg]

I still need to find some lights to put over the pedestrian doors as the ones included in the kit were so mall and fragile that they disentegrated when I tried to cut them off the sprues. Likewise for the small section of ladder that was supposed to connect the two sections of roof.
According to the instructions, the office was supposed to be attached on the back of the building. I did not like that and wanted it up front where I could see it better so I put it off the side instead.
The roof doesn't quite fit but that's because it's a little warped and has not been glued down yet. The instructions say to not glue it down at all in case of stalled engines inside. Not quite sure what to do about that just yet.
On to the next one. I think I will work on one of the refinery buildings next.
I think it looks good.

A friend of mine bought some built buildings for yard offices, all of them were the same color except one. He decided instead of painting it, he painted a little corner of it, and bought N scale painters so that it looked like they were about to start painting the building to match.

I think you could do that as well, buy some N scale roofing repair men and have them working on the roof!
Scott
Excellent work! Thumbsup
Good idea Scott. I have some roofers. Perhaps when I get back to that area for the fine tuning, I'll stick them up there!
Thanks Mountain Man.

Whle you can probably find something that still needs to be done in nearly every shot, I'm progressing. Now it's down to the fun stuff!

Very nice looking town. You have more buildings in those pictures than I own! Always have liked that church, I love the rock work. Great looking scene! Thumbsup
Scott
Very impressive work! That scene is really coming together nicely. Thumbsup
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Thanks guys.
Jesso, I originally painted that church another color, did not like it, then changed it to all grey. I then came back and painted random stones different colors to achieve those results.

The more I look at my buildings in the pictures, I'm thinking of getting rid of the bases on the ones that have them.
I'm really loving "Jerry Riggers" Service - Classic building, painted tires out front - Perfect ! Bob C.
James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
It is a little hard to tell if the bases on the buildings replicate realistic sidewalks, yards, etc. If they do a decent job of replicating something in real life, you can "fix" them by building up the scenery materials around them so that they sit down into the scene rather than on top of it.
Awesome work TN! Thumbsup Thumbsup
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World