The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #X.. Stop In!!!
Monday 5/20
Hello Blue
Just checking in. Sunday's high was 88, today the same. For us that's getting hot. Of course afternoon storms are part of the package. I turned on the A/C and was thankful, it started. It's on now to keep the house from getting too hot. Temp is 81.
A few club members spent the weekend WAY up north for a train outing stopping on the way back at a train show. No, I didn't go. 
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Good morning, very early for me, not that I sleep late, but I've been awake since around 2:30. Got things I can do while I wait for Denny's to open, so I'm OK now, but could take a nap later on...

Not much going on here, temps are in the low to mid-90's, lots of wind yesterday but no rain. We are still a few weeks away from the start of our "monsoon" season, lots of wind and muddy rain then...

Gas at $3.99 is common, a few down to $3.79. Eggs are also down a bit, $2.27 for a dozen large at Walmart. Still not what it was before but then again, nothing else is either.

We should be starting a build challenge on June 1st and run it until Sept. 1st. I'm open for suggestions, and possibly starting a photo challenge if there's enough interest. Let me know in this thread please.

Everyone, have a great day and watch out for that crazy weather that we've been having lately.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Greetings, gang.

It's a soggy Tuesday morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. 61 and rain at the moment with a possible high in the mid 70s. Rain chance is 100% along with the chance for strong storms, hail, high winds, and an occasional tornado thrown into the mix. Had 3/4 inch or fain overnight with another 1-2 inches predicted for today.

The quiet life continues today. Tomorrow the activities heat up again with more baseball for one of the great-grandsons. I just counted at least 25 games over the rest of May and June. Don't know if I'll make all of them but I will get to a lot of them. That and my Thursday evening group are the only major activities for the next few weeks.

Gas prices range from $2.89 to $3.44 Very unusual to have such a large variation. Most of the gas stations around here move in lock step.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Tuesday 5/21
Hello Blue
Sun and 88 again today. Yesterday afternoon we had a hailstorm and then a thunderstorm in the evening. Today's forecast could be the same. 
Denny's is off my food list, never had a good meal there, hope yours is better. We will be going out to lunch today. Meeting with a few of my wife's school friends.
S.J.
Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 56 now headed for some clouds and the low 70s. Picked up another 3/4 inch of rain since yesterday. Nice tomorrow and then tomorrow night through Monday there are more chances of rain every day.

Yesterday afternoon's storm was a little intense with 50 mph winds and very heavy rain for a while. I didn't see and hail but there were tornadoes in the southern part of the state. On tap for today is some yard cleanup and a baseball game this evening.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning, just back from breakfast and another open day. Tomorrow I see the dermatologist to deal with a continuing issue due to the intense Arizona sun. If you even want a profitable business, become a dermatologist and settle somewhere in the south half of Arizona.

SJ, I've never had anything but breakfast at Denny's. We meet there once a week and get treated like royalty by Erika. Just a really nice person, and we say that if Denny's would clone her, there would be lines waiting to get in, she's that good. The food is OK, nothing spectacular, but chatting with Erika makes up for that.

Nothing else going on, gas dropping a few pennies here and there, I understand that the government is releasing a bunch of our reserve gasoline to drive prices down, nice move until we need it later on for other reasons.

I see some violent storms hitting the Midwest, be careful, stay safe and a prayer for those affected...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I’m recovering well from the accident and back to work on the road. The mental part seems to be the hardest aspect of everything to deal with. I’ll get there with time. I’m honestly just amazed I was able to get back on the horse so quickly.
————————————————————————————
Modeling the East Broad Top as it was between 1937-1942
~Amanda
Don: My wife heard that dermatologist was a good specialty as there are only two creams and your patients never call in the middle of the night.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
(05-22-2024, 07:18 PM)BR60103 Wrote: Don:  My wife heard that dermatologist was a good specialty as there are only two creams and your patients never call in the middle of the night.
Yup, that and they have a really nice toy they get to play with, that freeze gun. Mine seems to enjoy just finding spots on me to shoot as we just BS about stuff.

Good morning all, not much change here, temps still in the mid to high 90's, gas dropping a few pennies here and there. Traffic is better since a lot of snowbirds have flocked back to their summer homes. Big college baseball tournament at the local Spring Training facility this weekend. I need to avoid going to the Post Office since I drive by that facility on the way and they'll be cars and jaywalkers galore.

Y'all have a great day... and smile...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Thursday 5/23
Hello Blue
Sun today hi of 75. 88 yesterday but breezy so it felt ok.
Oldest came yesterday and we got the grass cut and trimmed.
Out this morning to Great Clips, I splurged and had all 3 cut.
We also went to the dollar and a quarter dollar store, Sept 1st it will become the dollar fifty dollar store.
S.J.
Greetings, gang.

59 now going to maybe 70 later with clearing skies. Had another storm move through overnight leaving behind yet another half inch of rain. The local river has been above flood stage for several days and that continues for at least the next week. Probably longer as there is rain in the forecast for the next several days.

I'm bypassing the gym for the next several days. Did something to my shoulder so I'm gong to let it rest through the long weekend. I did make a grocery run yesterday for 3 items and came home with 6 items. Typical. The storm last night woke me up long enough to close a window and hear some small hail hitting the house. When it rains like it did last night I sleep extra soundly and am surprised that I woke up long enough to close the window. Only thing on the list for today is to clean up a few leaves brought down by the storm.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning good people of Big Blue, not much changing here, temps still under 100, gas dropping a bit every day. Circle K had a 40 cent off sale on gas yesterday for a few hours, somehow I could never figure out why some people are willing to spend a couple hours in line to get a limited amount of gas just to save a couple of dollars. I'm certainly not rich and like to save when I can, but there are tradeoffs. Like driving across town to save a few cents a gallon, or waiting in line with your engine running just to save a few bucks. Nope 

A holiday weekend. I remember when the kids were young, we'd be waiting up in Oak Creek Canyon for the campgrounds to open for the first time that year. We'd rush to our favorite spot and have the tent set up before the ranger came by to collect the fee. Now, there's no line, if you haven't reserved your spot and paid the fees over the Internet by now, forgetaboudit... Even if it were possible to get a spot today, do I really think I could spend a night sleeping on the ground in a sleeping bag, or on a cot?

I hope everyone that is celebrating Memorial Day this weekend does so with respect and admiration for those who gave their all so that we may be free. I also hope you all have a great holiday weekend...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Good afternoon folks

It has been another hot day here. At 4 PM it 85, our high was 88 and I was watching concrete being poured at that time. I was out in the sun and heat starting at 6:30 this morning until the pour was done at 2 PM.

Over the last few nights, I worked on the bridge area. I weathered the bridges and began gluing down the foam base. I painted the back area where the tunnel portal will go. I also painted the portal.

This is the last weekend before I have a second go at hernia surgery so anything requiring standing and lifting needs to be done. Around the house we have the usual errands to the grocery store, produce store, pharmacy, and pet supply store. We may try to get some flowers from the gardens and a couple of tomato plants and then plant them. Need to get the laundry mountain down some.

On the layout anything requiring standing for a long period of time I need to do. I am working on the bridge area. I have to finish gluing down the foam bases, adding the tunnel portal, painting, adding retaining walls, and the roadway and sidewalks. I want to run some trains and perhaps work on tuning up some rolling stock. I have a bunch of items that need to be entered into my inventory program.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Good morning all, another week gone and another month to put in the books soon. Tomorrow is Memorial Day, Friday is the end of May. Remember back when Memorial Day was the last day of May? Times have changed. If they ever change the July 4th holiday so that it always falls on Monday, I'm moving out....

No real change here, temps will creep into the 100's starting tomorrow, and gas prices dropped a few pennies here and there. Still above the national average, and a dollar higher than a lot of areas based on what I see on the Gas Buddy map. Could be worse, California shows as the highest in the nation, some places still showing at $5.99, and they have legislation there that would add another fifty cents to that for environmental taxes.

My bargain of the day, I bought a large, three topping pizza normally around $23 for $3.27. Yeah, Papa John's had a weekend sale, same pizza was $12.99 and somehow I had credit for another $10 in "Papa dough" from previous purchases reducing my bill to $2.99 plus tax. BTW, it was good pizza and Papa John's is about 1/2 mile away.... 2285_ Seems like a lot of pizza joints run deals on two pizzas, I can't finish one by myself, why would I want to buy two? Lots of things anymore don't take in consideration that some folks are single or otherwise alone. Wanted an electric toothbrush at Costco, nope, all their packages contain two. Waiting

That's it for now, have a fine weekend, stay safe and save some time for fun things....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Sunday 5/26
Hello Blue
We have sun this morning. Hi of 80 with storms expected late afternoon.
Spent Saturday with my wifes family, a good ole outdoor affair.
No plans for today or tomorrow.
S.J.