! ! ! ! ! Pennsy Power ! ! ! ! !
PRR L2 USRA Mike (Blue Line)
Charlie

Attached Files Image(s)

post 62

Now that is a very nice looking USRA 1919 light Mikado. A couple of little changes and it would be a Pennsylvania Railroad version. Being BLI and BLUE LINE is sounds as good as it looks.
frank
" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!!
post 63

Pennsy Power the N Class Santa Fe type 2-10-2.
First is a N1sa. It is a Cary conversion of a Penn Line or Bowser I1 decapod. A short tender was used with a PRR lines west coal tender extension.

Next Is another cary conversion with some kitbashing added. A new front pilot I made from scrach. A new cab off of a Bachmann K4. New front cylinders from a Aristo Craft Mikado. Various Cary detail has been added. The larger tender barkeman, switchman shelter. The trainphone system. also smaller thing like bell, generator ,and whistle.

Last is a brass N1sa by Westside.

post 64

The Q class.
Mine is a Q2 4-4-6-4 ( 4-10-4 )duplex made by Imperial Models of Japan.
Their is a Q1 4-6-4-4 ( 4-10-4 )duplex. I guess Pennsy liked the Q2 aramgement better as more were made.

Got to love those Q2 locomotives. Cheers
Matt
I can smell a steam post ten blocks away and when I do clear the tracks because the steam express will be hi ballin through
http://cambriaindiana.weebly.com/
Sure do gotta love 'em.....AND keep the pilot wheels on the track.... Goldth
Gus (LC&P).
toptrain Wrote:The Q class.
Mine is a Q2 4-4-6-4 ( 4-10-4 )duplex made by Imperial Models of Japan.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

BLI is coming out with a brass Hybrid of that locomotive. Unfortunately, the price tag is still WAY up there.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
post 68

Pennsylvania Railroad's S class 6-8-6, or duplex version 6-4-4-6. Pennsy made 1 S1 which was a prototype for the T1 4-8-4, duplex version 4-4-4-4. In this S class 6-8-6 Pennsy produced a steam turbine powered locomotive the S2. The S1 I have no model for. The S2 I have this NJ Custom brass locomotive.

That is an awesome model! Someday I hope to get a model of the S2. It was originally to be a "T" class but became an "S" class because originally it was to be a 4-8-4, but due to wartime restrictions on materials, different metals were used in construction than was originally called for, making the loco very heavy, necessitating the 6 wheel pilot and trailing trucks making it a 6-8-6.

Thanks for posting this pic. Thumbsup

Dave
-Dave
post 70

I have gone back to the L class to add photos and info of my L2sa. It is a redeatailed Athearn USRA light mikado 2-8-2.
frank
post 71

The T class. Pennsy's T class was listed as the duplex powered 4-8-4 northern type. The Pennsy T1 people call a 4-4-4-4, The denotes a articulated locomotive. Because it is of a rigid frame and nonarticulating. It is a duplex powered 4-8-4 of it's own class. Pennsy has a standard 4-8-4 class the R class. Pennsy also has the Q class a duplex powered 4-10-4. It comes in what seams a Q1 4-6-4-4, and the Q2 4-4-6-4. They both are in the same class because they are rigid frame 4-10-4's.
the Pennsy T1 by Broadway Limited.

frank

post 72

The CC Class, Pennsy made this class of locomotive from Y6 types purchased from N&W. They were made this way for pushing duties. Thi sis a Modified Rivarossi N&W Y6.
frank

Great looking steamer's . are you going to do some weathering on them?
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
No weathering.
frank
Old time Penncy C1 class 0-8-0 switcher from the 1890s
toptrain