FORD Auto Module
Alright, just finished fixing all the pictures in this thread, so they should all be up and live again Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Ive done quite a bit on this module in the past couple days. I got the Central Valley track and switches in, so I layed that down, painted it all and applied the Micro-Engineering Code 83 Weathered Rail to the track. I only used one switch on this module, a #7 RH. it was my first Central Valley Turnout, and I have to say it wasnt that bad to assemble and operates nicely. Im still not done with it, I have to apply the 2 guard rail pieces, and then install the throw-bar....

The new section of pavement still needs another coat or 2 to make it smooth, so that will be done shortly. Ballasting the track was one of the other things ive been doing, just did a small section right before I took the pics below. Ill need to go back and get the little bits of ballast that floated to the tie tops when gluing, no biggy, I usually do that once the glue has sank in and its not dripping wet anymore, kinda half-way dried lol. You can see the 60' Auto Boxcars at the loading docks of the stamping plant, and the 89' Auto-Carriers at the other end of the module being loaded with some new pick-ups. The track bumpers over there will be painted and then glued down. Ive also applied a gravel roof to the Assembly Plant Structure, its mostly done and dry, but there is still a bit more that needs to be done on the right side of the structure that I havnt gotten around to doing yet lol.

Im also going to replace all the chain-link fencing and gates with new BLMA or Micron-Art (havnt decided which manufacture im going to use yet) Brass Chain-Link with Barbed wire, so once i get them in ill pull out the old Walthers fencing and apply the new fencing. And once the Throw-Bar is installed on the turnout, the rest of the turnout and area around the bar will be ballasted. Still alot of work to be done on this module, but its coming together quite nicely i think Big Grin

[Image: SL373910.jpg]

[Image: SL373911.jpg]

[Image: SL373912.jpg]

[Image: SL373913.jpg]

[Image: SL373914.jpg]

[Image: SL373915.jpg]
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
cool shots, good work! I wish i had the space for that kind of set up.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Josh....
Excellent job! With all the details in this scene, you should have loads of picture taking options.

Beautiful work!!

I was thinking that I would love to see what you would do with a really large space. You have a great eye for setting up your scenes and a bunch of large, connected complexes would be awesome!
Steve
Looks good.
Where's the Auto-Maxx cars.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
I haven't seen the Micronart fencing, but the BLMA stuff looks great. I saw it at the World's Greatest Hobby Show on Sunday in Long Beach. I think the one change I would make if the chain link fencing is going to be placed where it might get bumped is to replace the plastic fence posts BLMA includes with the appropriate sized brass or stainless steel cut to the correct length.
Chris, Steve, Ed, and Russ, thanks guys Misngth Misngth Work continues on the module at a slow pace

The new Chain-Link Fence was put on order this morning, should have it sometime next week... I ended up going with the Mircon Art stuff http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/462-93405

Took some new pictures a few mins ago. I made a gravel grade crossing to access the trailer storage yard in front of the Stamping Plant. Its tight, and only holds a few trailers, but ive seen this done around a few buildings in my area, stacking them 4-5 deep sometimes

[Image: SL370001-1.jpg]

[Image: SL370002-1.jpg]

[Image: SL370003.jpg]

[Image: SL370004.jpg]

[Image: SL370005.jpg]

[Image: SL370006-1.jpg]

[Image: SL370007.jpg]

[Image: SL370008.jpg]
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Looks great Josh!
I love this module Josh...and when I look at the latest series of pics I realize how apt your "Trucklover" handle is! Thumbsup
Ralph
Hey Ralph, I agree with you. Josh has done a super job with this. I was looking at this thread last week, and we had a train show here in Houston last weekend. I ended up buying a ton of trucks and trailers for my layout, so Josh, I have to blame that on you! Big Grin
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Josh, thanks for the link. I had never heard of Micron Art. I think BLMA'a fencing looks better for a residential back yard, but the Micron Art is perfect for an industrial fence where they would have the barbed wire installed at the top for security.
Josh, progress is looking great! I still think that fence is too close to the autorack loading ramps though, it doesn't give much room to maneuver cars in there
-Steven-

The Zealot progress thread: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112267">http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112267</a><!-- m -->
The current progress thread: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=923">viewtopic.php?f=17&t=923</a><!-- l -->
Hi - I'd like to contact "Trucklover". I read his various articles on building an car assebly plant, dating back a bit now to March 2009, using various of the Walthers Cornerstone "Ford" buildings form their automotive series. I realise this discussion is a bit old now, but I wondered if he still had the unused elements of the 933-3079 Assembly Plant and wants to dispose or swop or sell them? I am looking to build a modern stone or brick office HQ building for a modern sawmill/pulpwood complex. The only thing I've seen to date that looks remotely feasible is the front section of Walthers' Assembly Plant kit. I'm looking to acquire 2 kits but I don't need the rear factory elements and then I would kit-bash two kits into one stand-alone office building. I see some of these kits appear on ebay or on dealers sites, but since I live in England, I've not had much luck getting my hands on anything up to now. And I don't think they've ever been sold here in the UK. I look forward to hearing from the Trucklover, if he is still active in this forum.
Best regards, Andrew from England.
Hi Andrew, and Welcome to Big Blue.

You can send Josh (Trucklover) a Private Message - simply click on his user name in the left margin to locate that option.

Another Walthers kit for which you may wish to look is the Ford Headquarters Building.

Wayne
Excellent!

I see you have a "pumpkin" and a "yellow dog"... Thumbsup
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!