The Nomad Valley under construction
Time for another update (finally).
I had a 2x12 ft switching layout in the house, and the wife said to please move it out to the garage. So, since the original idea was to incorporate it into the garage layout anyhow, I redid the track plan. Here is the new track plan with the switching layout in place (in red) and the tables widened to 3 ft instead of 2 ft.
As shown, the switching layout is not connected to the mainline. The way I plan it, the yard tramp will bring out cars to the interchange on the switching layout, and pick up whatever is there. The switching layout will have it's own loco and it's own switch list, making it a totally separate job.
Here is a pic of my progress so far.

Loren

Attached Files Image(s)

I got my first train when I was three,
put a hundred thousand miles on my knees.
The carpentry is done (unless I change my mind again) finally! Now I can start placing some structures and planning the final details of the industries I will have.
And get some rolling stock on the layout. Big Grin
Here are some pics. If you compare the pic titled "island 1" to the one before called "new" you will see that I opened up an area for scenery. I plan on trestles there. Something like the Keddie Wye. I don't know if I can make it work, but I am going to try Smile The area is fairly small, so it might overwhelm everything else.
Anybody have any opinions? I would love to hear them.
I am also laying track on the left table. Now that I am out of the yard(temporarily) track laying is going pretty fast Goldth I still don't know if I will have logging at the upper area, but I am leaning more towards the high plains and cattle country.

Loren

Attached Files Image(s)

WoW...Seems like just a couple of weeks ago you were still in the planning stage, and now you've got some track in place and a hand-laid yard ladder to boot..!!! Someone's going "full steam" on this layout..!!
Looking forward to seeing your future progress....Looks like we won't have to wait long.... Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).
Quote:Looks like we won't have to wait long

Don't be to sure. My wife goes on vacation in a few days.

Loren
Progress indeed! New trackwork looks great. Keep on keepin on!

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
Thanks Galen. I have one more day before vacation, then the honey do's will start. :cry:

Loren