Paris Junction/Bob_Suruncle's layout
Okay its update time.... seems minor but I spent a few hours on weather track yesterday and since I had the airbrush out I sprayed all of the visible areas brown as there was white paper showing in a number of places. I used Xtrkcad to design the layout so before laying track, I printed out the plan 1:1 and glued it to the ply sub-roadbed with contact cement and laid road bed down directly onto that.... worked very well!

Anyway here are some pics of the weathered track and a bit more work done on the coal trestle. Track was shot with P.S. rail tie brown and then sides of rails where run over with rust and rail brown floquil markers. I noticed that Mable the the Rhino has some how found her way onto this layout..... funny how she seems to do that on all of my layouts eventually.

Attached Files Image(s)

I finished up the deck on the trestle last night so now I have to add rails and build the concrete piers it will sit on. I am going to try to do it as a drop in sub assemble on a sheet of styrene so I can drop the entire trestle in place when completed.

By the way Mabel got really agitated with me last night when she saw that I had inadvertently called her a Rhino in my previous post. As she reminded me, she is of course a unicorn.... albeit and fat, hairless rather ugly unicorn. Icon_lol
This little scene is coming along vey nicely. It already has a very finished look all be it not quite done yet. As your for small creature inhabiting your culvert are you sure she is not the ever elusive Hiparhinocorn? they are now for their hairless and hefty apperance 35 35

Keep up the great work I look forward to seeing this little layout completed!!
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/
Cheers

Keep us posted on your progress.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
no pics ...sorry... but did make some progress last night. I built 5 out of the 7 concrete piers required to support the trestle and arranged them on a styrene base. The entire sub-assembly will be painted concrete, weathered and then the trestle permanently mounted on top so that final detailing on the trestle can be completed including walkways, railings, nut bolt and washer castings and some weathering. Then on to the coal dealers office and some scenery!

Squid: still waiting for you to tell me what you want to build so I can start planning around that/those structure(s) 790_smiley_picking_a_fight ... I need a bigger stick
Well, tell me what space I've got to work with, and I'll tell you what I want to build! Tongue Icon_lol
Dude! you have the xtrkcad file with all the critical dimensions ... next thing you know you will want me to build the stuff and run your trains for you too Icon_lol
Okay so a wee bit more work this weekend. Filled some holes with "paint-able caulk" note I put that in quotes because the stuff I bought might be advertised as paint-able but only if you work at it...... buy my regular brand next time! anyhow... was able to get all the piers done for the coal trestle and get them painted. Next step is to get the rails on top and get it mounted so that all of the track is then completed. After that I want to rough in the area for the coal dealers office and back fill along the retaining wall and up to the end of the trestle so its able to be moved to the store and put into use as soon as the other layout moves out.

Images aren't great as they were taken with my blackberry as my camera is at work.

Attached Files Image(s)

That is beautiful 2285_ The colors are very much in harmony.
Reinhard
okay a weeee bit more. Rails are down on the deck of the trestle, some nut bolt and washer castings applied and the first hopper runs out for a test. Again sorry about the image quality but good cam is still at the office.

Attached Files Image(s)

bob_suruncle Wrote:okay a weeee bit more. Rails are down on the deck of the trestle, some nut bolt and washer castings applied and the first hopper runs out for a test. Again sorry about the image quality but good cam is still at the office.
And the Hipporhinocorn is there to lend a helping hand too I see :-) Icon_lol
Be sure to visit my model railroad blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.namrr.blogspot.com">http://www.namrr.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->
No updates on the store layout thanks to this: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1335&p=64545#p64545">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1335&p=64545#p64545</a><!-- l -->

Too many layouts on the go! Icon_lol
Umm...annoying question guy here. So how exactly is the coal supposed to get from the hoppers into a barge or boat?

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
no annoying questions allowed Icon_lol

this is a retail coal dealer... selling coal to heat your home, etc.
bob_suruncle Wrote:no annoying questions allowed Icon_lol

this is a retail coal dealer... selling coal to heat your home, etc.

So what looks an awful lot like water is actually a road surface?

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!