N&W Caboose Lighting -or- When One Thing Leads to Another...
Found One!

[albumimg]928[/albumimg]

I won't take up any more room on your thread with pictures of this little gal...mebbe she'll get her own someday. No DCC...yet!

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
I stopped by the lhs yesterday, and noticed on their "details boards" that they had some lighting kits for passenger cars. I had forgotten about that possibility when noting possible sources for electrical pick ups for trucks.
ocalicreek Wrote:Found One!
I won't take up any more room on your thread with pictures of this little gal...mebbe she'll get her own someday. No DCC...yet!
Galen

No problem Galen! And besides, I did ask!

Russ, good point about the additional pickup source.

It seems that a lot of model railroading niche stuff falls into what we call "tribal knowledge" at work. I.e. I may take for granted that a certain widget is easy to get a hold of, because my LHS stocks it (or I have family or friends that know about it). Others that don't go to my LHS or know my family or friends (my tribal knowledge base) may assume that that widget is very difficult to get, or may not be aware that the widget even exists.

Boards like this serve an invaluable role in getting that knowledge into the larger community (preaching to the choir, I know... Big Grin )

Dr. Wayne - I'll make sure I keep the lights on in my basement if you meander over! 357

Matt
Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio
Matt, thank you for continuing to share your trials and tribulations on this. Following your lead, I previously picked up the same decoder for a passenger car project. I'll am happy to be a part of the Gauge tribe and will greatly appreciate the tribal knowledge you've accumulated in this thread!
Michael
My primary goal is a large Oahu Railway layout in On3
My secondary interests are modeling the Denver, South Park, & Pacific in On3 and NKP in HO
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://thesouthparkline.blogspot.com/">http://thesouthparkline.blogspot.com/</a><!-- m -->
Ah yes, gotta love electronics. They can be such a joy... Wallbang 357

Just one thought here. Kerosene lanterns would flicker anyway. So wouldn't a slight flicker make for a bit more realism?

(Minus the smoke of a fire of course) Confusedhock: Wink
MadModeler Wrote:Ah yes, gotta love electronics. They can be such a joy... Wallbang 357

Just one thought here. Kerosene lanterns would flicker anyway. So wouldn't a slight flicker make for a bit more realism?

(Minus the smoke of a fire of course) Confusedhock: Wink

Your point is valid, however, In this case flicker meant the lights were turning off and on, with most of the time being off!
Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio